Friday, March 17, 2006

Renovation headaches

Well, here's my update. I am in the middle of redesigning my kitchen/dining room/formal living room. It is 3 smaller rooms that are useless to me. I am knocking out walls and making it into one room with the open concept. This will then become 700 sq.ft of useful space.

Have had quotes for this reno and have picked flooring, paint (I think), appliances, etc. I keep changing my mind on the paint. Thank goodness for sample cans. The kitchen has pretty much been redesigned as far as the layout goes. However, we have come across a big problem. One section of my kitchen will have a 17 ft counter. Wow, counterspace. Can you imagine. Except, I cannot get the arborite in a 17 ft piece. They come in 12 ft lengths.

Dilema: What to do!!!!!!

I still need to send my 3 boys to University, so granite is out. Had Corian in my other house and did not care for it. Don't want tile and don't want a seam in the arborite. Get the picture?

So, yesterday, I dragged my family around looking for solutions. None found, only a massive headache came out of it.

Bright idea!!! - Ask my blogging friends for their ideas. Over the last year, I have found you have brillant ideas and suggestions. Please help. I know you all have kitchens. Whether you like them or not, you must have seen a kitchen that made sense. I will also have a big island, but that is easy. 5 feet is a big space to fill. I do not want to break up my counterspace too much, as I really want lots of counter space. Any great ideas or websites out there. I am open to options. Please help!!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cement counters done look wonderful

9:17 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

I thought of that, anonymous. But what if it cracks. I've watched too many home reno shows.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

How about butcher block.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home