Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Birds are singing!!

Well, even with all the rain and the snow last weekend, I think spring is here. Is it just wishful thinking. I think not, as the birds are out and chirping in the morning and you just seem to see more wildlife. I saw a beautiful pheasant on the way to school yesterday. Okay, I think it was a pheasant, but it could have been a grouse.

After the time my dad took me hunting and I got lost 50 feet from the truck and spoiled my brothers shot at a deer, you have probably guessed that I never went again. So to tell the difference between a grouse and pheasant is a little out of my realm. It had a beautiful bright coloured head.

I know my dad is reading this shaking his head, going didn't I teach her better. No you didn't!!!!!

I could type up a story and get a little therapy through this, but I won't. Let's just say, this is not one of my departments of knowledge. Oh ya, dad, I don't want this department of knowledge either. You can't teach this old dog any new tricks about hunting. That's why I gave you grandsons..... However, I have been known to cut up a mighty fine deer and moose in my day.

Ok, I'm rambling know. Enjoy this lovely day and planting season will be here soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Lost..50 feet from the truck. I had a good chuckle at that:)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

Figured you would. Remember who not to take on a hike. Can't read a compass either. If you ever want a really good laugh, as my husband about my map reading.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home