Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Love this time of year

Through all the rain, we have had some wonderful days here. Was out on Sunday, and noticed my bulbs coming up, hydrangea's budding and rose bushes exploding with new growth.

However, with all the rain I have resorted to doing inside jobs. For all those who know me really well, I tackled my office. For those who really know me and have ever seen behind the locked door, you know what a feet that was. For those who have never seen behind the locked door, you just have to imagine. One orange garbage bag completely full of shredding. Most were of Nursery receipts. I cannot believe how much I have spent last year. Fortunately, my husband will not know how much I spent either. He has never cared if I buy stuff for the yard, but this may change his mind. It would probably send him to rehab. I always mention the word "SALE" in my conversation about gardening and other key words.

I remember the time I bought boxwood. He asked how much, I said it was a great deal at $10.00. He thought it was a great deal too, until he counted 25 of them. I never tell how many of one thing I bought, and usually try and get in ground before he comes home. I learnt that one from Sandy.

This time of year, excites me and makes me start daydreaming about what is too come this year. It will be busy, with the wedding in our yard in August. Most of the hard work is done, just some more planting, not as much as last year, and some minor construction and yard work. We did most last year, so everything had a year to grow and get established. I highly recommed this, as my clematis didn't really do well last year, so I have my fingers crossed for this year. I have done some walk abouts, and realized, that I still have lots to get in the ground from last year. Thank goodness for a mild winter. Need to get some design ideas from my very talented friend, Sandy, and all should be good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Ohhh...I've taught you well.

7:26 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

I spent a fortune on boxwoods too. Those little shrubs sure do add up.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home