Monday, March 13, 2006

Our First Visitor of the Year

Wow, I have come to terms with the snow.

Hard to believe we are 1/2 way through March. I think the older you get, the faster the time goes.

We are delighted to have our first visitor of the year coming soon. We are having an exchange student from Japan for 1 week. He is 12 years old and is going to experience life in Canada. We are all so excited to have him come. He will be doing stuff with our family and going to school with our oldest son. Also checking out the town and seeing how we live. I know the town he comes from is very different from where we live, so it will be exciting to see what we take for granted through the eyes of a visitor. Actually I don't take for granted where we live. I love it and know how lucky I am to live here. I think you have to move away to really appreciate where you come from, and I'm glad I'm back.

We will keep you posted on our guest and hopefully have lots of pics.

3 Comments:

Blogger MariaJ said...

Oh how nice! I'd like to have a visitor some day too. We all learn so much from each other. Now I'm just thinking that my boy (12 years too) would travel to another side of the world to a foreign family. I can't believe he'd ever had that courage. I feel he's so young. Well we all are different.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

Maria - my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure that it's not my son who wouldn't want to travel, but I think his mother would have the hard time with it. I really want my kids to explore the world, I'm not sure if I'll be ready when he's 12. This may take copius amounts of alcohol when the time comes.

4:27 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Way to go Mrs. Wilson. That will be really cool. Your kids are going to learn so much. Have fun and show him all about Canadian culture.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home