Thursday, November 03, 2005

November 3, 2005 - Already














I know it has been a long time since I blogged.


Everybody, stop bugging me, here I go.


I finally have some down time from work. Thank god. When I did have days off, I was so tired, it was all I could do to get the necessities done. However, these last few days have been busy around the yard and this morning at about 10'ish, if my blood wasn't flowing it didn't take long after our experience today.

The kids are in school, my husband was downtown and I decided to have a long hot shower. I was quite enjoying myself, when I heard a big bang. Okay no big deal, we have been clearing our back property and this morning there was a big, big storm. No problem, maybe a tree fell. Kept showering until my big 120 pound dog tried to get in the shower with me. I decided this needed further investigation, immediately. Got out, not yet finished my shower and walked downstairs to find a big tree had fallen across my back patio and was smashed against my railing of my deck. Ok this really woke me up. Needless to say, end of shower and Leanne leaps into action. Actually, I phoned my husband to get home NOW!!!. No more trees fell, but I knew what my job was going to be today. No relaxing day ahead. Got the tree pretty much cleared away and to both my husband's and my happiness, Mr. Saunders showed up with his really big chainsaw and cleared any questioning trees we had left. 4 big unsafe trees came down and now I can sleep peacefully. Thank you Mr. Saunders.

Once I realized that the damage was minimal, I quickly took stock of damaged plants. No laughing, this could of easily been a insurance claim. Fortunately the hedge was recently planted, so it bent and did not break. My Nandina Domestica, crumpled, but not destroyed. Euphorbia half hit, but not taken out. So it came down to early pruning season at my house. Two feet either way, and it would have been drastic. I think I would have cried. Had to phone Sandy, and we were both relieved my trelles and Taxus Baccatta Dovestonia, aka my $200.00 dollar tree, as my husband refers to it, was saved.

Lots of wood to pile and it will be good for at least 10 pounds. Good thing I got the month off. Oh ya' the indestructible retaining wall my husband built a few months ago, really is indestructable, not one broken stone. Way to go honey, when you build, you build.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Man...you were lucky that tree wasn't ten feet taller!!!

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home