Friday, September 02, 2005

Good Morning to you all

As you can tell, summer is winding down and the project lists start again. So, I was a little shocked that when I finally sat down to watch the news last night, for the first time in a long time, I was devastated to see what was happening with all the people from hurricane Katrina. My thoughts are with these people and I hope all can get it together.

As far as new projects, my poor husband got a crash course on evolution. A few years ago, we put in a beautiful 1500 sq.ft. brick patio. That was supposed to be it. Well 2005 brought my brother getting engaged and wanting to get married in our yard. Great, super, wonderful. You see, we work better with pressure and deadlines. Our 5 year plan is now 1 1/2 yrs. So my husband has had to learn how to continue on a retaining wall for another 120 ft. and pick up the hedge and listen to me constantly talk about what I am going to do. Then Sandy comes over and adds her ideas, and my husband, now walks away. However, he complains in the morning, but by the end of the day, he is saying how beautiful it will be and he's glad we are doing this. He does remind me that I keep saying "Just this next garden and I'll be done." Done for the moment that is...... Evolution my man, evolution and Sandy!!!! She has great ideas, a wonderful coach and she still gets excited when I get so excited.

Thank goodness for people who don't like Rhodo's.... My garden is fairly new, most of it only 2 years old. So you can imagine how small stuff is. We have new neighbors, who's yard is severly overgrown with plants. Bad planting, or did a previous owner not know about division and thinning. Who cares, because I now have reaped the rewards. I stopped and asked if they were going to toss. And as a matter of fact, they were going to toss 10 year old rhodos and if I wanted, I could have. I was elated. 2 huge rhodo's in my yard. Wow, what a difference. I stopped there yesterday, and found out it is "5" Rhodo's. Yeah huh!!!!!! This of course has sent me over the edge. Kids, hurry up and go back to school so I can go and dig my rhodos..

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Yipee free big rhodo's!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am stunned at the Katrina episode. I am having a hard time admitting my Americanisms. What is going on there??? How can the Am. claim their incompetance? Sigh.....

Rodos...I didn't have much luck on McGimpsey which is close to you. I pulled them up finally. Beware of the weeble. They grow very well down under. Stunning foliage and blooms all year. Love them here. Good luck.

3:50 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Elizabethas is my other name.

Wendy

3:51 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

Thanks for clarifying your other side, Wendy. For one moment, I thought I had a stalker. Rhodo's are one of my favorite's, I can't believe that they would bloom all year. That would be heaven to me.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home