Thursday, September 15, 2005

Where does the time go....

I had a gentle reminder today, that at one point, I used to blog. We have just finished the 100 ft. retaining wall. Okay, okay, my husband finally finished his wall. I love him dearly, but do not, and I repeat, do not touch his masterpiece. It is formally called the Willea wall. This is indestructable. Which is probably a smart thing, as we have 3 precious hooligans.

The bed's have been cut out, the pool is being drained as we speak, I have worked 6 days straight and after all the time away, I'm not convinced that work is for me. I have been blessed to be home for 8 years, with our children. Being here everyday for all of them. I gave up a great career, but obviously, not that great, as I have had no regrets.

Why did I go back to work? Not for the love of it. Don't get me wrong, I really like my job, but reality states, that if I desire more gardening things, I need to go back to work. We have 1 acre, and only about 40% is landscaped. See my dilema. Grand ideas = mom going to work to pay for her plans. However, after 2 weeks of sweating and sometimes swearing, my husband took me out today to show me his masterpiece. After he showed, he explained to me what he's going to do next spring with more retaining wall. Yes, he's got the bug bad... Maybe if it becomes both our hobby, mom can stay home and work around the yard....

It is amazing the things that happen in your garden in 6 days. It was like Christmas and a bad hang over all at once. As I was wandering, I was amazed at the beautiful flowers blooming. Rosa "Joseph's Coat" still takes my breath away. I planted Glad's late this year, and the most beautiful deep red's came out while I was at work. The hangover part.... all the weed's, deadheading and the dreadful horsetail, what is a girl to do? A good stretch off before I go back to work for a couple of days, then is should slow down again and I may even get 10 days off between work days.

Our baby girl, Biscuit, comes home tomorrow. I can not wait. So not only will I be working on my garden, I'll also be teaching an 8 week old puppy to stay out of my gardens. When do I realize I have enough on my plate? Yes, usually when I'm knee deep in it and wonder how it all happens around me.

Thank goodness for a wonderful husband, who indulges me, holds my hand when I'm scared and stands beside me when I take on another task. I love you honey.

Okay, I think I've cleared my head and now it's off to bed for a good night's sleep. Nighty night....

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Ahh Mrs Wilson. So good to hear your voice! Even if it is typed. I don't like this work thing either! My whole family can't wait to meet the new puppy and to see Mr. Wilson's masterpiece. I called you tonight but no answer. I'll give you a call in the a.m. P.
s. Looking forward to pictures

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home