Monday, May 01, 2006

Wahoo....

Gardening season is finally here. I have been non stop for about 5 days, and have at least five more to go. I'm just cleaning my gardens and top dressing them at this point. Man, I can't believe the weeds that like to grow in my garden.

It's also offical that spring is here. The boys found their first snake of the season and decided it would be good to show me. Bad timing though, as we had company and us women scattered. I then proceeded to threaten within an inch of their lives and made them take it away. I HATE snakes and we have some big ones in our yard. Keeps the slugs to a minimum, so I have learnt to cohabitate.

Big shopping day today, as one of the local nurseries is closing out, and a big sale is happening. Lucky for us, as it is at the beginning of the season, when we really do want to buy. Sad to see it go though, as she always carried unique plants. I guess, her life is taking her in a different direction. Good for her, and I wish her luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I want to see a picture of the new hedge.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

You will. We just finished topdressing the back. So 2 more sections and I'll get my camera out.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home